If Innovation Enterprise proposes an investment, a number of activities including the following will be initiated:
- development of marketing and commercialization strategy (inventor included in process)
- initiation of plan for obtaining statutory protection for IP (i.e. patent or copyright registration)
- preparing a non-confidential summary (NCS) of the technology for exploring a licensing opportunity
- posting the NCS to Innovation Enterprise's web site and other web sites and databases designed for marketing university technologies
- network of industrial contacts, conferences, tradeshows, brochures, lectures, and mailing lists used to attract licensees
The inventor is consulted on all of these steps.