Making a Difference – To make a difference in the coming decade, the innovative abilities of the University are being translated into economic prosperity and social well being. The University continues to generate world-class research. One of Innovation Enterprise's objectives is to move research discoveries at the University of Saskatchewan out of the lab and into the market. We have established the Award of Innovation; in order to encourage researchers to adopt positive attitudes with respect to commercialization.
Award of Innovation – If in the sole discretion of the Selection Committee, there are suitable candidates, the award will consist of:
- A cash award of $5,000 to be shared equally by the innovators
- A trophy for personal possession
The award will be presented at the Celebrate Success Gala hosted by the Greater Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce.
Selection Criteria – the committee will use the following criteria in selecting the Award of Innovation:
- Novelty: how unique and new is the innovation? Has the innovation expanded the area to which it applies?
- Commercial impact: what are the potential markets for the innovation? Does the innovation have the ability to generate economic benefits?
Selection Committee – The selection committee consists of two people:
- one representative from Innovation Place
- one representative from Innovation Enterprise
Submissions – Download the nomination form and submit it to email@example.com
The closing date for nominations was December 9, 2016. All information submitted will be confidentially maintained.
Please note the new date for the SABEX Awards: February 9th, 2017 at Prairieland Park!
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (306) 966-1465