The Establishment Grant funding from SHRF (Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation) is intended to attract and retain those with the knowledge and expertise needed to build careers in the province, create effective collaborations, and work to improve health outcomes for the people of Saskatchewan.
The 2021-22 Establishment Grant Recipients from USask:
Dr. Alexandra King (MD), College of Medicine - $120,000
- Gathering our bundle: Creating a culturally responsive research framework to support the wellness of First Nations and Métis in Saskatchewan
Dr. Anand Krishnan (PhD), College of Medicine - $119,999
- Exploring the mechanism of nerve-dependent cancer progression to identify new therapeutic approaches for cancer
Dr. Anil Kumar (PhD), College of Medicine - $120,000
- Understanding the role of Enterovirus D68 in Acute Flaccid Myelitis, a novel polio-like illness
Dr. Eric Sy (MD), College of Medicine - $120,000
- Studying and improving the safety of direct discharges to home from the Intensive Care Unit (Regina-DISH Project)
Dr. Jenny-Lee Thomassin (PhD), College of Medicine - $120,000
- Shipping and receiving: identification of cargo proteins exported by pathogenic Escherichia coli during infection
Dr. Changting Xiao (PhD), College of Medicine - $120,000
- Reining in Gut Fat Handling to Treat Heart Disease and Stroke
For more details on these and other SHRF-funded research, search the SHRF Results Database.