2019 Images of Research Competition
Knowledge is beautiful. Researchers at USask know it better than anyone.
The fifth annual edition of University of Saskatchewan Images of Research Photo and Imaging Competition is now over!
Researchers captured the impact of their research – how their research makes a difference to society, the economy, and other research or global challenges – with an image and a simple description.
The photos which garnered the most votes and have been named Viewers’ Choice winner and runner-up are:
Winner: Reaching Out for Pregnancy and Labour, by Ayomikun Olaloku
Runner up: Skates made trabeculae before mammals, by Oghenevwogaga Atake
April 9-12 - Celebrate the Winners in Upper Place Riel
Successful Self-pollination!, Evelyn Osorio, Grand Prize Winner 2019
2019 Images of Research
Students, faculty, staff, and alumni submitted images and video in these categories:
- From the field: Images which demonstrate the researcher’s experience doing field work anywhere in the world
- More than meets the eye: Images which reveal the subject in greater detail than is possible with the human eye (eg. x-rays, creative expression, microscopic images, computer models, etc.)
- Community and impact: Images which represent the impact the researcher’s work has had or could have on people, the environment, health, the economy, etc.
- Research in action: Images which demonstrate what the researcher's work is all about
- Video: One-minute creative video research synopses, showing us why the researcher's work is research the world needs
PLUS, submitted photos could ALSO win a cash prize for
- Viewers' choice: Images which received the highest number of votes during a public voting period
- Best description: Images accompanied by the clearest, most informative and most vibrant descriptions and titles