2018 Images of Research Competition is here!
Knowledge is beautiful. Researchers at the U of S know it better than anyone.
The fourth annual edition of University of Saskatchewan Images of Research Photo and Imaging Competition has arrived. The competition is an avenue for U of S students, staff, faculty and alumni to showcase the groundbreaking research, scholarly and artistic work taking place at the U of S.
Two Pigs. Two Nations. One Health, Taryn Roberts, Grand Prize Winner 2017
The U of S community is invited to submit images from a wide selection of categories -
- From the field: Images which demonstrate the researcher’s experience doing field work anywhere in the world
- More than meets the eye: Images which reveal the subject in greater detail than is possible with the human eye (eg. x-rays, creative expression, microscopic images, computer models, etc.)
- Community and impact: Images which represent the impact the researcher’s work has had or could have on people, the environment, health, the economy, etc.
- Research in action: Images which demonstrate what the researcher's work is all about
- Viewers' choice: Images which received the highest number of votes during a public voting period
- Best description: Images accompanied by the clearest, most informative and most vibrant descriptions and titles
Then, panels of judges convene for each category to choose a winner, a runner-up, and a Grand Prize winner.
The submitted images are also presented to the entire campus community for voting, and choosing a Viewer's Choice award.
The results are nothing short of amazing!