The Imaging Centre at the Western College of Veterinary Medicine offers equipment for advanced microscopy, ultrasound imaging, and image analysis.
Available equipment includes:
- Transmission electron microscope (Hitachi HT7700 with EDS- energy dispersive spectrometer capability, high-resolution capability)
- FE-SEM- cold field emission scanning electron microscope (Hitachi SU8010; high-resolution capability)
- TIRF- total internal reflection fluorescence microscope (Olympus IX83);
- Confocal laser scanning microscopes (Leica SP5, Zeiss 710 equipped with Two Photon);
- Ultrasound imaging system (Visual Sonic Vevo 3100)
- Image analysis computers